Friday, November 18, 2011

Week Twelve: Farewell

This week was the last week of field placement, and my reaction has been bittersweet. On one hand, I am excited to be back in the classroom learning new teaching strategies, interacting and discussing educational concepts with my peers, etc. On the other hand, without field I know I will have to wait to implement these strategies until my next field placement...and I don't want to wait that long! Despite my impatience to experience field on a whole new level with another group of students and a new cooperating teacher, I will really miss my students.

This past week has been an incredible opportunity to get to know my students. Because I didn't have many formal teaching opportunities in field early on in the semester, that meant I got to consolidate this experience at the end of field. This resulted in a fantastic final week, in which I taught every day! Unfortunately, while my final experiences were exceedingly positive, I desperately wished I had connected with my students earlier in semester.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's so cool that you are already wishing you were in a classroom teaching and implementing the things we have learned throughout this semester. That is very telling that you have decided to do something that you love. There are too many teachers out there just doing the job to make the money. On the contrary, there are not enough teachers who do their job because they are passionate about changing the lives of their students for the better. The world needs more teachers like you!

    ReplyDelete