Thursday, June 30, 2011

Chocolate On My Mind...

...And other things too, but we'll start with chocolate! I've been craving chocolate all day and it's driving me absolutely crazy. My house is chocolate-free at the moment...correction, it was chocolate-free until my dad brought home some scrumptious-looking two-bite brownies! I am resisting. Must...Resist...Temptation! They look so good, and they're just sitting there, sad and lonely, saying "Eat me! Please, please eat me in all my chocolaty goodness!" and then "...you know you want to." At least, that's what my chocolate deprived brain has decided.

Other things. I have an overactive brain...it needs to knock it off and let me live my life in peace without the constant chattering and "what ifs". Whew, it's exhausting! It reminds me of when I was working at the nursery school with half a dozen children standing around me. They all want something, but they're talking at the same time so you can't make out what any of them is saying. One at a time!

Also, I have been busy, busy, busy slopping ModPodge all over the place, slapping down scrapbook paper, and punching holes with my Crop-A-Dile "Big Bite"...and still getting a kick out of the name (I know it's cheesy, I just can't help myself). So far, I am pleased with my results, using up supplies I've had lying around for a good four or five years, and overwhelmed by the endless crafting possibilities. I decided to go ahead and add a couple more protective coats of ModPodge, so the pictures will have to wait until tomorrow when everything is dry. They are simple, but they appeal to my love for relatively easy, quick, messy, fun projects to take my mind off of things for a while!

And, because I can't help myself and it continues to crack me up every time...



If you've been having a long week, I hope this put a smile on your face and a spring in your step! I discovered Dinosaur Train while touring with the college Symphonic Band. It was on TV in our hotel room and we thought it was hilarious. I distinctly remember singing the words "Wahhhooooooo, we love to chew! That's what we do, we love to chew!" repeatedly despite funny looks from those who apparently had NOT yet discovered the magic of "Hungry Hungry Herbivore!"

12 comments:

  1. I love your blog design; very stylish. Found you through the Social Parade and am now following you on GFC. I hope you can follow back also; I'd appreciate it so much ;-) Have a lovely Friday!
    http://avalon-lion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute video:) Thanks for joining Footloose and Fancy Free! Have a great holiday weekend:)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Blog! I loved it so much I decided to follow! Happy Friday!! I would love for you to stop by and check out my blog as well! If you like it you can follow back! Thanks! Hope to blog with you again soon!

    http://heavenlysavings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds familiar! My brain never stops! I try to do 50 things all at once, then get overwhelmed. Visiting and now following via You Like Me Hop...hop on over to my blog and gollow back if you like... http://mom4realky.blogspot.com

    Jessica K

    ReplyDelete
  5. usually it's hubby who craves for chocolates, not me. lol. weird, huh?

    hi, am a new follower via gfc. hope you can follow back.

    many thanks! :)

    mymy
    http://mybric-a-brac.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately I am a weird one, I dont like chocolate!

    New blog follower! Come follow back and enter my great giveaways! http://www.peacelovepoop.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. POTATO CHIPS ARE MY DOWNFALL!
    GREAT POST!

    I'm a new follower from the blog hop!
    Nice to meet you!
    Hope you will hop by and visit my blog too!
    Have a great 4th!
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I’m stopping by from Hop Along Friday and following on GFC. I'd love for you to drop by my blog and follow back.
    www.LisaBlogs.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I'm following you from YLM
    blog hop!I hope you visit me and
    return the follow:0)



    Btw if you'd like please
    join the TreasureTroveTribune
    I think you'll enjoy it!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great now I want chocolate :) New follower from the fancy friday blog hop, have a great weekend! You can find me at
    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm your newest follower!!

    You talking about chocolate is making ME want chocolate!!

    And, oh. my. word. that video is hilarious!! Who knew dinos had such interesting accents!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    Monica @ theatypicalhousewife.com

    ReplyDelete