Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Back To Roasting Marshmallows


So, the turning my life around...more of a gradual swivel than a quick 180 degree turn. However, I now have a deadline for finishing the work, cleaning, and sorting that has been piling up around here! Sunday. I have to finish everything by Sunday. By Sunday I must not only be done cleaning, sorting, packing, and unpacking, I must have my bags packed and ready to go because I'm going to be a CAMP COUNCILOR for a week!

Two of my favorite people are working there this summer and it turns out they didn't have enough councilors for next week. Soooo...knowing that I love children, have previously had a background check (a requirement for observing and teaching in schools), and am currently unemployed, I was contacted. Yippee! Strangely enough...I've never been a camp councilor before. Strange because I've taught in classrooms, worked in a nursery school, babysat, and pretty much everything else involving kids, and yet being a councilor is completely foreign to me.

I am both excited and terrified at the prospect of being in charge of up to ten girls somewhere between grades 3 and 8. Seem like a wide range to you? It did to me too. Being responsible for children in a classroom is one thing; being responsible for children outside, running through the woods, and jumping in lakes is quite another. Who knows what I've gotten myself into, but I'm sure it will be an experience to remember! It will also, undoubtedly, give me something to write about for days and days...and days.

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck Willow with your new job. It sounds like fun. My favorite part of camp was definitely sitting around the campfire making smores and telling ghost stories. Hope you have a great time. Just visiting from Tiggerific Tuesday! Blog Hop...or Bounce!

    Come by for a visit when you get the chance: http://youthfulpursuits.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was me yesterday cleaning frenzy! new follower from the friday hop

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure this will be a great experience! I found you at the Hop Along Friday Blog Hop and am glad I did, am a happy new follower :).

    http://marleeindebt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete