Saturday, July 23, 2011

Summer Madness

Life has been absolutely crazy lately. The heat isn't helping and, looking back on the week, I'm not really sure what I've accomplished. Maybe something, maybe not, but it feels like we've been running around non-stop, with or without purpose, in order to escape the heat. I don't remember the last time I felt clean and dry. I really was not built to withstand hundred degree temperatures and humidity...I think I'm melting.

I am still loving the time I get to spend with Holly, Parker, and my grandparents. There have been numerous trips to the "baby doctor" (in Parker's words) and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat (and look for cute, handsome, single airmen). I can't WAIT to be a Godmama again! I was volunteered to make Holly's belly cast so got to work with plaster strips for the first time, and I think it turned out well...I was happy with it at least. I don't know what I'm going to do when summer's over, I know I'm going to miss them and I know that they're the main reason I've been able to keep it together this summer. I suppose I'll have to worry about it when I get there.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my Senior Independent Study (basically a senior thesis). It's hard to think of a topic that will get you through endless hours of research, will capture your interest for a year, and allow you to write nearly a hundred pages of original research. It's a big deal; I just don't really know where to start looking. I would love to work with veterans, but I'm not sure there are a lot of WWII veterans around who would be willing to work with me on a project so extensive. Yes, I recognize that there are other wars...but WWII fascinates me. I'd love to find someone with stories to tell, maybe a wartime journal, someone who hasn't had an oportunity to tell their story and wants to write it down. I'd love to help someone tell their story, write their memoir...I just don't know how to find someone, particularly someone in good enough health. *sigh* I'll keep brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment